IS TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS
There’s a new advantage to doing business in New York. A big one. START-UP NY, Governor Cuomo’s groundbreaking initiative, is transforming communities across the state into tax-free sites for new and expanding businesses. Now, businesses can operate 100% tax-free for 10 years. No income tax, business, corporate, state or local taxes, sales and property taxes, or franchise fees.
Let’s take the first step
This is where your journey to operating a tax-free business in New York State begins. The START-UP NY program is transforming communities across the state. The following guides will help you find out if your business is a good fit for START-UP NY.
- Should be a new company in New York State; a company from out of state that is relocating to New York; or an expansion of a company that already has employees in New York State.
- Can create new jobs in the first year
- Will bring positive and economic benefits
- Should align to the mission of the campus you’re considering
If it looks like your company is a good fit for START-UP NY, click the link below to get started. Once we have your contact information a representative will be in touch.
- Retail and wholesale businesses
- Real estate brokers
- Law firms
- Medical or dental practices
- Real estate management companies
- Hospitality (lodging for travelers or vacationers)
- Finance and financial services
- Businesses providing personal services (including personal care, death care, pet care, laundry and cleaning services)
- Businesses providing business administrative or support services (unless the business is creating at least 100 new jobs and has received permission to participate)
- Accounting firms
- Businesses providing utilities; or energy production and distribution companies.
If STARTUP-NY is not the right fit for you, consider one of the many other business incentive programs offered by the Empire State Development Corporation.